Wow! What a week this has been!
I completed editing and publishing my FIRST podcast for this journey! Now, if you listen to it, there are a couple little blips but overall, it went well. I have NO intro or exit music yet. I am going to hire someone to put this together for me. Someone other than me. 🙂
For this first recording, I set up with a simple folding chair in my clothes closet (which was like being in the perfect padded sound studio…it was amazing!) with my Tascam digital recorder on a tripod. I ran an extension cord under the door so I didn’t have to worry about battery loss in the Tascam. When I was done, I took out the SD card and completed editing the sound file using my Mac Book Air’s preinstalled application called Garage Band.
What I used to complete my first Podcast:
Tascam Digital Recorder – I already had this awesome device from previous interviews I used to do when I interviewed artists. It’s awesome because it gives me high quality recordings, transports easily anywhere (you can use a battery if you need to) and it uses an SD card to easily transfer the audio files to your computer for editing.
Garage Band application – used this to edit my podcast. I watched a Garage Band podcasting video on Lynda.com to get up to speed real quickly. In the past, I used the open source application called Audacity for editing my audio files. Garage Band was really easy once I knew the basic controls. If your super new to podcasting, there’s a bit of a learning curve that online tutorials will help you with.
Skull Candy Noise Cancellation headphones – having great headphones is a must for recording and these are my favorite. I have no shame and will wear these big babies ANYWHERE! Mainly because I despise ear buds because their painful, annoying and most won’t fit properly in my ears.
Goals completed (and more):
- Create podcast logo.
- Set up account with iTunes and Stitcher radio.
- Create Plugins resource page/post.
- Recorded, edited and published Podcast 1.
- Create a website resources page.
- Create a resources link on my website.
- Provided new client with list of needs to complete web page
- Learned how to use Garage Band for Podcasting
Goals not completed:
- Finalize Opt In page and see if its ready to implement.
- Layout content schedule for this with in CoSchedule.
- Meet with business coach. (We have been back and forth and will be scheduling this one out)
- Did not finish or EVEN start the book Jab, Jab, Jab Right Hook. 🙁 (I’m VERY disappointed about this one)
- Although I recorded Podcasts 2 & 3, I did not edit the audio files yet.
- I did not review strategy recording that I had with business coach and write a blog post about it.
Next weeks goals:
- Thoroughly go through Google Analytics
- UTM Coding
- Journal Entry
- Content scheduling in CoSchedule for at least 30 days in advance for Twitter and Facebook.
- To remove the verbal hesitation “UM” from my everyday conversation vocabulary so I won’t use it during podcasts or any other form of public speaking.
- Add Podcast link to main horizontal menu at top of my website.
- Review strategy recording that I had with business coach and write a blog post about it.
- Refresh the WordPress plugins page to have a landing page rather than a list of blog posts that have a plugin category.
- Start reading book Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
- Add Opt-In page
Latest posts by Samantha Meeker (see all)
- #1: Saving to leave your job, here’s what to focus on. - January 4, 2016
- Sitting too much? Take a Stand. - September 15, 2015
- Week 16 – My top FOUR favorite podcasts - August 24, 2015
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.